Next Generation-NOW hosting discussion on transition via social media
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, August 16, 2012
ROSEVILLE, Calif. — Next Generation-NOW will host its first online NGN Huddle next week on the topic of generational transition.
Family business owners from Gates Home Furnishings, Grants Pass, Ore., and Coconis Furniture, South Zanesville, Ohio, will answer questions provided by the Next Generation-NOW members on how they are handling their generational transition. Both stores have two generations working side by side.
The skills and knowledge passed from generation to generation can help businesses grow, succeed and thrive - but the transition between generations isn't always a simple one, the industry organization said.
"There is always so much you can learn from talking to others, and this first NGN Huddle will focus on an issue that many of us are dealing with in the industry," said Nick Gates, who works with his father, Giff Gates, at Gates Furniture. "Succession of a business isn't easy. I am excited to share our business's success when it comes to transitioning from generation to generation. My dad transitioned into the business in 1977, and has built a successful business for me to continue.
"I know that Coconis Furniture has also had great success at surviving multiple successions over the last 85 years. I have already learned so much from the Coconis family, and I know attendees will too," he added.
The NGN Huddle will take place at 11 a.m. PDT on Aug. 22. It will be conducted through Google Hangouts and social media.
Anyone who would like to take part can create a profile on the Next Generation-NOW social site at social.ngnow.org, log in, and start watching the panel discussion live. To ask questions, members can post to the Social page's wall or Tweet @ngnow on Twitter.
Next Generation-NOW says that through community, education and outreach, the organization is an incubator for those new to the industry. It is a hosted community of the National Home Furnishings Assn. and Western Home Furnishings Assn.
- Dec 12, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...