High Point Market sets Twitter product preview for Sept. 11
Cindy W. Hodnett -- Furniture Today, August 28, 2012
HIGH POINT — Tweeters can preview new product introductions for the fall High Point Market more than a month before the market opens during the second global Twitter chat on Sept. 11.
Co-hosted by the High Point Market Authority and Décor Mentor, a collaborative online community, the live chat is open to everyone on Twitter and will offer inside information and special previews, according to market representatives.
"We had an amazing response to our first Twitter chat for the April market," said Cheminne Taylor-Smith, vice president of marketing for the Market Authority. "We had such an overwhelming response that we almost took down Twitter."
Market exhibitors may submit photos of their new October introductions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 6 for inclusion in the Twitter event. Submissions are limited to two photos per company.
Ambassadors from Décor Mentor will curate a collection of their top picks on Twitter at 6 p.m. on Sept. 11 using the hashtag #hpmkt. The ambassadors also will discuss new trends, market tips and events.
Product photos submitted for the Twitter chat will be featured on the High Point Market's Pinterest board, and a link to the Sneak Peek board will be posted on Twitter during the chat.
"This market, we wanted to make the (Twitter) event faster paced, but still allow all exhibitors to participate," Taylor-Smith said. "Adding the Pinterest boards to our sneak peek of market products will make this a much bigger event and will allow participants to see a lot of new products before the upcoming market."
The fall market is Oct. 13-18.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...