Durham moving High Point showroom to IHFC
Michael Knell -- Furniture Today, September 3, 2012
DURHAM, Ontario - Solid wood bedroom specialist Durham Furniture has signed a long-term lease for a new showroom in High Point's International Home Furnishings Center, where it will show at the fall High Point Market and at next week's Premarket.
The new showroom is in IHFC G-1082. For the past few years, Durham has been showing in the Atrium on Main.
"Being in IHFC will allow us to see many more of our current customers and many of the stores we would like to partner up with," Gord Dilworth, president and CEO, said in a statement. "We felt that even in these economic times we needed to make the move because of the success of our newest line - Perfectbalance - which has enabled us to open up a number of new customers."
At 10,000 square feet, the new showroom is slightly smaller than the one in the Atrium and slightly larger than Durham's permanent showroom in Toronto's International Centre. Dilworth said Perfect balance, a line of condo-scaled solid wood bedroom furniture, will occupy about one-third of the space with the remainder devoted to the rest of Durham's core assortment, including the Mount Vernon Collection.
Dilworth said Durham will add a contemporary group to its Perfectbalance collection as well as a 64-inch dresser to one of its nine groups.
Also on tap will be a new desk/estate organizer for the Mount Vernon collection.
Premarket runs Sept. 13-14 and the fall High Point Market will open for its six-day run on Oct. 13.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...