Julio H. Regueiro, The Place Furniture Galleries
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 3, 2012
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. - Julio H. "JR" Regueiro, co-founder of the The Place Furniture Galleries here, has died at age 74.
Regueiro was born in Havana and immigrated to the United States, along with wife, Maria, when he was 22. His first experience in retail was as a partner in a store in the Bronx, N.Y.
He and Maria founded The Place Furniture Galleries in 1970 in a basement space on Steinway Street in Astoria, Queens. The Regueiros later moved the store to a prime spot on Steinway before settling into the current location in Farmingdale, on Long Island, with some of the original employees still on staff.
His family said that Regueiro's worth ethic was contagious and he was well respected in the industry. The Greater New York Home Furnishings Assn. named him Man of the Year in 1998.
Away from work, Regueiro enjoyed traveling in his motor home and fishing. He and his wife also spent several years breeding and showing champion Doberman pinschers.
Regueiro is survived by his wife, a daughter, two sons and five grandchildren.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...