Two students win this year's Jena & Stephen Hall Scholarships
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 12, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. — WithIt has announced that Liz Moore and Kimberly Small are the recipients of the 2012 Jena & Stephen Hall Scholarship for students in home furnishings fields, with each receiving $2,500 to cover tuition.
Moore is a student at Kendall College of Art & Design and Small is at Winthrop University.
WithIt also hosted 20 Student Scholars at its recent professional conference through the sponsorship of Brown Jordan, Sunbrella, furniture designer Richard Frinier and Catherine Frinier, the WithIt 2010 President's Award recipient.
"We had a stellar group of young women participate in the conference, all chosen by their university faculty as outstanding students with interest in pursuing careers in the home furnishings industries," said Jackie Hirschhaut, chair of the WithIt Professional Conference and vice president of communications for the American Home Furnishings Alliance.
WithIt's 2012 Student Scholars represented 13 universities or colleges and in addition to Moore and Small, included Krystin Glass, Abbey Reynolds and Elizabeth Terrell from Appalachian State University; Charlotte Lambert from Auburn University; Kristine Edwards and Erica Lang from High Point University; Lane Risdon from Kendall College of Art and Design; Rachel Atkinson and Julia Ross from Meredith College; Caroline Cooper and Sarah Gene Kilpatrick from Mississippi University; Sara Englehart and Amber Knight from North Carolina State University; Tina Brumm from Philadelphia University; Elizabeth Warlop from Rhode Island School of Design; Jerri Hobdy from Savannah College of Art & Design; Julia Staley from University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and Felicia Dean from University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...