Owen Shoemaker named SVP for King Koil international licensing
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 24, 2012
WILLOWBROOK, Ill. — In a move to increase King Koil marketing consistency and brand power across its global licensing network, Comfort Solutions has named Owen Shoemaker senior vice president of the international King Koil licensing business.
In the newly created post, Shoemaker reports to Dave Roberts, president and chief operating officer.
Shoemaker joined Comfort Solutions in 2009 as vice president of product development, after 18 years in the mattress industry, related industries and in mattress retailing. He was promoted to senior vice president of product marketing and development in 2010.
"This new strategic initiative reflects the size, scope and rapid expansion in recent years of the King Koil brand overseas," Roberts said. "It's also aimed at increasing the marketing presence and uniformity of King Koil across the globe. At the same time, our objective is to help each international licensee expand its business and continue to be innovative in the context of its local market demands."
He said Shoemaker has "extensive experience in product innovation and marketing" and will continue to be involved in those pursuits on behalf of Comfort Solutions, while focusing his expertise on accelerating the company's international King Koil business.
Comfort Solutions has 37 overseas licensees serving 80 countries. The company recently announced its sixth perpetual license agreement, signed last month with its Shanghai-based licensee.
"The growth of our King Koil business and brand overseas - coupled with the continued escalation in global, Web-based consumer traffic - calls for us to provide mattress shoppers worldwide with the strongest possible perspective on our products, concepts and values," Shoemaker said.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...