Sink a hole in one at Tommy Bahama Café, win $10,000
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 5, 2012
HIGH POINT — Lexington Home Brands is offering buyers at next week's High Point Market a chance to win $10,000 by scoring a hole-in-one shot on a professional golf simulator at its new Tommy Bahama Island Café.
The Café is at 118 E. Commerce St., at Wrenn Street, across from the International Home Furnishings Center. Along with a café serving smoothies and soft drinks, it will showcase select pieces in its new licensed Tommy Bahama Outdoor Living line.
Officials said the simulator will be programmed as a par 3, with the men's tee at 150 yards and the women's at 98 yards. Participants will be allowed five shots.
Those whose shots land within 10 feet of the pin will qualify for a 5 p.m. daily shootout. At that shootout, each qualifying participant will be allowed three shots. A hole in one will be awarded $10,000 and the closest to the pin will win a prize.
"We take market very seriously, but we also love entertaining our dealers and infusing some fun and excitement into the process," said Phil Haney, President and CEO of Lexington
Home Brands in a statement.
"Frankly, the best merchants are doing the same thing at retail. We built the Tommy Bahama Island Café as a high-energy venue to introduce our new Outdoor Living brand - providing dealers a sneak preview of key items in a relaxed atmosphere while serving as a gateway to our main showroom on National Highway. We felt like the smoothie bar and golf simulator would add to that experience," he said.
On a lighthearted note, Haney added, "One thing is given. Every one of our buyers is highly competitive. While they might not be scratch golfers, most will convince themselves that they are. We are still contemplating the need for some measure of protection for the furniture and our personnel in the facility."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...