Langdon to appear at IFDA event on Nov. 7
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 13, 2012
HIGH POINT - Author and room makeover TV personality Libby Langdon will share the spotlight with top design students at the Night of Luminaries, an event organized by the Carolinas Chapter of International Furnishings & Design Assn. and set for Nov. 7 at the High Point Country Club.
At this week's High Point Market, Langdon is adding to her licensed upholstered furniture collection with Braxton Culler. She also has a rug line, Libby Langdon for Tiger Rug.
"We are delighted to have someone with Libby's design acumen and national stature as our Design Luminary Star in November," said Robin Gainey, IFDA Carolinas Chapter president.
IFDA also has invited colleges and universities to send their top senior design students to the event, and each will bring a sample of work to display during the cocktail hour, which starts at 5 p.m. and will be followed by a buffet dinner.
Langdon, the creative force behind New York design firm Libby Interiors, says she draws inspiration from conversations with consumers about how they really live and what they really want.
She is currently shooting for the NBC home makeover show "Open House" and was host and lead designer on the Fox makeover show "Design Invasion" as well as a design expert on HGTV's "Small Space, Big Style." She also has appeared on other shows, and her design and entertaining ideas are often featured in shelter magazines.
Her first book, "Libby Langdon's Small Space Solutions," offers innovative and inexpensive design ideas to help small space dwellers live large.
For information on how you can reserve a seat at the Carolinas Chapter, IFDA Night of Luminaries, contact Bonnie Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...