Next NGN Huddle to focus on in-store events
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 30, 2012
ROSEVILLE, Calif. — Next Generation-NOW will hold its monthly online NGN Huddle at 11 a.m. Pacific time Wednesday, with a focus on helping retailers increase sales through hosting in-store events.
A panel of industry events-oriented retailers will share the ins and outs of in-store events. The panel includes Mary Liz Curtin, Leon & Lulu; Tamara Scott-Anderson, Content Interiors; Chris Cooley, Michael Alan Home Furnishings; and Seth Weisblatt, Sams Furniture. Heather Hanley of The Tin Roof, and on NGN's advisory committee, will moderate the call and take questions from those watching.
"Having events in your store is like having your best friends over for a party," NGN Advisory Committee Chair Nick Gates, of Gates Home Furnishings, said in a release.
"It's fun, unexpected and a great way to build a community and culture in your store. In today's market, customers are looking for an experience and in-store events are a great way to differentiate yourself from your competitors and totally impress your customers."
He said the huddle will offer tips and proven ideas to implement in stores.
To take part in the huddle, go to http://social.ngnow.org/page/education. The program will be streamed on the social site and attendees can ask questions to the panel through the site or Twitter at @ngnow.
Hosted by the National and Western Home Furnishings Assns., Next Generation-NOW is an incubator for those new to the industry, informing and encouraging while learning from those who have years of experience to share. Sponsors are FurnitureDealer.net, Comfortaire, Ashley Furniture Inds. and GE Capital.
To sign up for the group's social page, visit social.ngnow.org.
- Mar 5, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...