Rose heads slate of NHFA officers for 2013
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 29, 2012
HIGH POINT - Cherie Rose, owner of the Rose Collection in Los Gatos, Calif., was elected president of the National Home Furnishings Assn. at the organization's annual membership meeting during the High Point Market.
Rose has served on NHFA's board and executive committee since 2000 and has been an NHFA officer for the past three years. She is an interior designer, retailer and entrepreneur who started her business in 1991 and has grown it into a high-end design operation.
Rose and other officers will begin serving their terms Jan. 1.
Also elected were Rick Howard of Sklar Furnishings, Boca Raton, Fla., president elect and treasurer; John Wells of Wells Home Furnishings, Charleston, W.Va., vice president; and Donnie Hinton of Color Tyme, Gaffney, S.C., vice president. Marc Schewel of Schewel Furniture, Lynchburg, Va., the current NHFA president, was elected chairman of the executive committee.
Dianne Ray of Garden City Furniture in Garden City, S.C., current chairman, will retire as an NHFA officer and executive committee member in January.
Separately, Valerie Watters of Valerie's Furniture & Accents in Cave Creek, Ariz., is expected to be elected president of NHFA affiliate Western Home Furnishings Assn., in January, marking the first time women have served as president of NHFA and an affiliate during the same year.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...