Sleep Train buys 8 Sleep City stores in NW
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 29, 2012
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento-based bedding retailer Sleep Train has acquired eight Sleep City stores in Washington and Idaho.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Six of the Sleep City stores in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and Spokane, Richland and Yakima, Wash., will be converted to Sleep Train's Mattress Discounters banner. Two stores in Pasco and Spokane, Wash., will become Sleep Country USA stores, another Sleep Train brand.
The newly branded stores are expected to open on Nov. 7.
The new stores will bring Sleep Train's store count to 273.
"Acquiring Sleep City's Washington and Idaho locations allows us to continue to expand in growing markets where we can enhance our consumer connections and provide residents with more convenient locations for quality sleep products," said Dale Carlsen, CEO of Sleep Train. "We are pleased to welcome Sleep City's new employees to join our employee-owned team, and proud to extend the reach of our Sleep Country USA Foster Kids program in these new locations."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...