Kathy Ireland to receive WithIt's Legacy Award
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, November 9, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. — WithIt has announced it will present its Legacy Award to Kathy Ireland, CEO and chief designer of Kathy Ireland Worldwide, at the 2013 WOW Awards dinner in January.
The event is set for Sunday, Jan. 27, at the World Market Center in Las Vegas, on the eve of the winter Las Vegas Market.
"I'm honored to present Kathy Ireland with the 2013 Legacy Award in recognition of her innovation, resilience and dedication to never accepting ‘no' as the final answer," said Julia Rosien of SocialNorth.com, who is president of WithIt, a women's leadership development organization. "Kathy has transformed the face of the furniture industry and dedicated herself to bringing visibility to the true power in this industry - the end consumer."
Ireland has been an influential force in home furnishings for nearly 10 years, according to WithIt. Her brand offers a compelling, concise message that promises family-focused home solutions for an influential set of shoppers: busy moms.
Kathy Ireland Worldwide's products account for an estimated $2 billion in retail sales in areas ranging from office furniture and bedding to jewelry and bridal gowns, according to Forbes magazine, which featured her in a cover story this year. License Global magazine named Kathy Ireland Worldwide its 28th most powerfully licensed global brand.
Ireland also has been recognized internationally for her humanitarian and philanthropic efforts, including initiatives that support veterans, the Anti-Defamation League, the war against HIV/AIDS, anti-poverty efforts, education and family issues, with a specific focus on women and children.
The WOW Awards, which honor the leadership achievements of individuals and businesses in the home furnishings industry, is produced by WithIt in partnership with the World Market Center in Las Vegas.
Tickets are on sale at www.withit.org. WOW Awards sponsorship opportunities are still available; for more information, contact Sara Lyke at director@WithIt.org.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...