Tom Loney retiring from IMC; two leasing execs hired
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, November 21, 2012
HIGH POINT — Tom Loney, International Market Centers executive vice president of leasing based here, will retire at the first of the year after 28 years in the home furnishings industry.
IMC has named Richard Krapfel director of leasing and said his "focus will be on serving IMC's growing roster of tenants and identifying new sales opportunities" for the High Point properties, which include more than 6 million square feet of showroom space.
Susan Beck also has joined IMC as leasing manager. Krapfel and Beck will be based in High Point and report to Julie Messner, vice president of business development-High Point.
"I want to offer a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all of the wonderful people that I had the privilege of working with the past 28 years. Teammates who worked so hard to create an environment that supported personal and professional successes," Loney said in a statement.
Loney began his career at High Point's International Home Furnishings Center in 1984 as director of marketing and was promoted to director of leasing for furnishings in 1990, vice president of leasing in 2002, and executive vice president of leasing in 2005.
"As an integral member of our family for 28 years, Tom has the respect and admiration of our team and the hundreds of tenants he has built relationships with over the years," IMC President of Home Furnishings Tom Mitchell said.
Krapfel will handle permanent leasing functions including prospect development, key tenant and prospect account management, and new and renewal leasing activity. He has sales management and customer management experience at industry companies such as Valdese Weavers, Dicey and Basofil Fibers, IMC said.
Beck, who will focus on temporary leasing in the Suites at Market Square, has more than 20 years of sales and account management experience in the home furnishings and interior design industries, including with Top 100 company Furnitureland South here, Stickley's High Point showroom, and the former Rose Furniture.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...