Hinks family, S.D. retailers, honored for helping kids
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, November 26, 2012
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Bill and Carolyn Hinks, owners of Sioux Falls-based Furniture Outlets USA and 16 Ashley Furniture HomeStores, were awarded the Assistance League National Operation School Bell Award for their significant financial and in-kind support of the Assistance League of Minneapolis- St. Paul.
Operation School Bell provides help to children in need. Assistance includes food, backpacks, clothing and enhanced classroom and reading programs. Last year, the organization's 120 chapters spent $13.8 million to help clothe more than 337,000 children.
For the past eight years, Ashley Furniture HomeStores have provided in-kind loading and transportation services to and from Operation School Bell distribution sites.
Bill and Carolyn Hinks are involved in local organizations including Children's Inn, Make- A-Wish and Sanford Children's Hospital, where the Bill and Carolyn Hinks Family Endowment for Children was established.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...