Showtime's International Pavilions to welcome 19 exhibitors
Cindy W. Hodnett -- Furniture Today, November 28, 2012
HIGH POINT — Showtime will host 19 exhibitors from China, Taiwan and India in its International Pavilions during the fabric show here Dec. 2-5, according to organizers.
The International Pavilions, which debuted at Showtime in June, are on the temporary exhibit floor in the Suites at Market Square.
"The June International Pavilions received big accolades and December promises to be even more focused on current fabrics and constructions that are most popular in the U.S. market," said Tom Mitchell, president of home furnishings for International Market Centers, which owns Suites at Market Square and other High Point venues.
China's Zhejiang Samexpo Exhibition Co. is bringing five textile suppliers from the Yuhang district, known for its upholstery fabrics, home textiles and curtain accessories. The Chinese organization arranges for local companies to take part in professional exhibitions a number of countries. Those exhibitors will include:
• Hangzhou Biya Interior Textile Co. Ltd., which was established in 1975 and specializes in upholstery fabric for sofas, curtain fabric, and decorative fabrics. The fabrics export to Europe, America, Canada and Australia.
• Hangzhou Shamash Fabric Co. Ltd., which was established in 1984 and specializes in manufacturing of silk fabrics, including mixture, velvet of silk, nylon, polyester and flocking. The company exports to Europe, America and Southeast Asia.
• Hangzhou Tata Tex. Co. Ltd., a home textile fabric manufacturer in Hangzhou. The main products include Tata Tex sofa fabrics, curtain fabrics, and a large selection of novelty fabrics. Current exports are to Europe, South America and the Middle East.
• Hangzhou Da Tons Trading Co., located in Linping Zhejiang, a textile center for fine upholstery fabrics. Da Tons is partnered with Tongxiang Tenghui Textile Co., a mill specializing in original designs and upholstery fabric production for chenille fabrics and polyester linen constructions for sofas. In 2011, the line was expanded to include suede fabric constructions, velvet, and fine dobbies.
• HangZhou KAMPF Textile Co., founded in 2001. The company manufactures sofa and curtain fabric, including jacquard and patterned valets, printed fabric, and linen-cotton constructions.
Beijing's Ouyida International Exhibition Co., which provides exporters a range of overseas exhibition platforms and professional services, will bring five Chinese sofa fabric, home textiles and artificial leather suppliers to the International Pavilions. Participating companies are:
• Wujiang Yuhua Textile Co., Ltd, established in 2000, which specializes in textile and apparel fabrics. The company has offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, and Wujiang Yuhua.
• Jiangyin Fei Long Plastics Co., founded in 1998, a PVC and PU leather manufacturer. Fei Long sells to more than 40 countries and regions including the U.S., Central and South America, Southeast Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
• Haining Tiangong Textile Co., which is known for its leather constructions used in garments and home textiles. Current customers are the U.S., Italy, Norway, Spain, South Africa, Syria, Algeria and the Middle East.
• Hangzhou Tianchen Leather Plant, which specializes in PU leather production for shoes, sofa, home decoration, and high-end clothing. More than 50% of Tianchen's production is exported to Europe, the United States and Northern Asia. Tianchen has constructed a special range for upholstery use and passes all U.S. standards for quality and performance specifications.
• Shaoxing County Lancome Import and Export Ltd., which specializes in providing a one-stop source for all upholstery constructions. The company exports to Western Europe, Southeast Asia, and North and South America.
The Taiwan Textile Federation has been serving the Taiwan textile industry since 1975. TTF is ISO 9001 certified for procedures and quality control with all its members and has recruited six Taiwanese upholstery fabrics, home textiles and curtain accessories suppliers to participate in the International Pavilions at Showtime. They include:
• Everest Textile Co., a vertically integrated company with its own weaving, dyeing and finishing. Everest services large and small customers and offers coating, embossing and lamination processing.
• Loongchin Textile Co., a knitting manufacturer with a 35-year history, which is vertically integrated with its own dye house. Best sellers for the company include 100% polyester suede fabrics and light mesh fabrics.
• Merryson Corp., which was established in 1999 and specializes in jacquards and ready-made products. Merryson's products and designs are sold in North America, Europe, and Australia.
•P&R International, which has corporate offices in Taiwan and company-owned facilities in China. It is one of Asia's top suppliers of window curtains, shower curtains, tablecloths and special blanket items.
• Piing Heh, one of the largest drapery hardware manufacturers in Asia, dedicated to developing and manufacturing curtain rods and curtain related products since 1991. Piing Heh offers short development and production lead times.
• Hui Zhou Sheng Chen Metal Co., a Taiwan manufacturer of custom-made zinc, aluminum, steel and cast iron curtain poles and accessories. Equipped with in-house molding facilities, Hui Zhou Sheng provides mold opening, die-casting, and polishing and surface finishing in one factory.
The International Pavilions at Showtime will feature three additional companies this December, including:
• Weierni Textile Leather of China, a top supplier of PVC, PU and bonded leather fabrics in Asia. Fabrics currently are used in the automotive, shoe, luggage, and home upholstery fabric markets.
• Swan Silks is a producer of original designs for fine jacquards for upholstery and intricate fine designs for drapery and pillow fabrics. Swan is headquartered in Bangladore, India.
• Indian Silks, making its U.S. debut at Showtime with a preview of new ranges and collections. The company produces fine jacquards weaves for the mattress ticking, drapery and upholstery fabric markets.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...