Aaron's donates $150,000 to the American Red Cross for Sandy relief
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, November 29, 2012
ATLANTA — Rent-to-own retailer Aaron's said Wednesday it is donating $150,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to aid the millions of Americans affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Aaron's associates and franchisees raised $50,000 through a companywide fundraiser at the store level, while the Aaron's Foundation donated an additional $100,000.
"The recent events involving Hurricane Sandy have been devastating to many communities where Aaron's associates and customers live and work, and there continues to be a desperate need to restore normalcy back to these areas," said Ron Allen, chairman, president and CEO of the Atlanta-based company.
"We commend everyone at our stores across the country for their generosity in giving back to their fellow associates in need, and it was only natural that the Aaron's Foundation follow with an additional donation to further maximize our impact. We're so pleased to present this donation to the American Red Cross and hope the funds are able to significantly aid the effort to rebuild the lives of those affected."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...