Sleepy's provides 100 sets of bedding for Sandy victims
David Perry -- Furniture Today, December 17, 2012
NEW YORK — Mattress retailer Sleepy's has teamed up with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul to provide 100 sets of bedding for families affected by Hurricane Sandy.
"This is a fitting partnership as Sleepy's provides quality bedding at affordable prices, and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul provides bedding to hundreds of families in need each year," said Thomas J. Abbate, executive director of the charity, which has been operating in New York for 64 years. "Both Sleepy's and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul are adamant about supporting the needs of those Long Islanders who are working hard to recover from the recent devastation."
This is the most recent donation in Sleepy's Bedder Days community relations program. Since May 2011, the Hicksville, N.Y.-based retailer has donated beds and bedding products to organizations and individuals in need through the program.
Other causes have included Rebuild Tuscaloosa (Ala.), the American Red Cross and television makeover shows such as "George to the Rescue" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."
"We were eager to work with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul knowing we could deliver new beds and a measure of comfort to those displaced by the storm," said Adam Blank, Sleepy's chief operating officer. "Sleepy's mission is to provide healthy sleep for everyone, but particularly for those affected by a disaster."
- Nov 26, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...