Hickory Springs to distribute Spinks Springs microcoil units
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, December 19, 2012
HICKORY, N.C. — Furniture and bedding components producer Hickory Springs Mfg. has announced a partnership with United Kingdom-based Spinks Springs to distribute three of the U.K. company's microcoil spring units in North America.
The innerspring units, said to offer improved comfort, utilize a patented system of small coils developed by Spinks two years ago.
Hickory Springs said it will be the distributor of the Posturfil spring unit, which has 1½-inch coils; the Posturfil HD, which has ¾-inch coils, and the Flexcore spring unit, which has 2½-inch coils.
The Flexcore springs are produced in sheets of pocketed coils that support the smaller Posturfil and Posturfil HD units.
Rick Anthony, director of sales for the bedding products division at Hickory Springs, said the microcoils allow mattress manufacturers to put a layer of coils in the cushioning material, closer to the sleep surface than other innerspring units.
"The result is the elimination of body impressions, one of the biggest challenges to both comfort and durability in the bedding industry," Anthony said.
Darren Marcangelo, commercial director at Spinks Springs, said his company's spring system improves comfort because the coils are welded together, not glued like other innersprings on the market.
"As a result, the springs are completely flexible and move in a variety of directions, unlike most springs that just move up and down," Marcangelo said.
- May 19, 2010
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...