Carpenter video promoting better sleep hits 1 million views
David Perry -- Furniture Today, December 21, 2012
RICHMOND, Va. — Carpenter Co. and SleepBetter.org have struck viral video gold once again by partnering with YouTube stars Rhett & Link.
The comedy team produced a video that was dubbed the "ad of the day" by Adweek, was featured by MSN.com and CBSNews.com, and has topped 1 million views (and counting) since its Nov. 13 premiere, the company said.
The video can be watched here or by searching for "Spot the Differences" on YouTube.com.
"The video is one of the most creative projects we've produced in our multi-year effort to engage Americans in the subject of getting better sleep," said Dan Schecter, senior vice president of consumer products at Carpenter and creator of SleepBetter.org. "The video entertains as it educates about the importance of sleep, and we're seeing a huge wave of new fans and an uptick in website traffic, all looking for more content about the video."
The video is the first side-by-side "Spot the Differences" video on YouTube, in the form of a music video for an original song called "Sleep Tight." It follows the fictitious Higgenbottom family as they fall to sleep and was shot twice with several dozen changes made between takes. Both versions are played simultaneously and side-by-side so that viewers can spot the differences.
The video invites viewers to go to SleepBetter.org's Facebook page to enter a contest and to watch an "answer key" video.
The promotion has boosted the SleepBetter facebook page to more than 225,000 active participants, with thousands of additional requests for the monthly Sleep Better newsletter Sweet Dreams and a near doubling of the daily unique visitor traffic to SleepBetter.org., officials said.
Earlier, Rhett & Link produced a pillow video for Carpenter that has been seen millions of times on YouTube.
- Dec 19, 2013
- Dec 19, 2013
- Dec 16, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...