125 attend Contemporary Design Group conference
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, December 28, 2012
SAN DIEGO — The Contemporary Design Group recently wrapped up its annual conference at the Hotel Palomar here, a four-day program that drew a record 125 attendees.
For the first day and a half of the conference, CDG retailer members worked with suppliers at the conference, "examining relevant issues that are impacting the industry," according to a release. Jeff Hiller of ProAction Marketing Group facilitated panel discussions and breakout sessions.
During the remaining time, members worked in closed-door sessions, sharing best practices, marketing strategies, sales management concepts and successes, merchandising strategies and other aspects of their businesses. They shared financial data and discussed ways to improve their stores' bottom lines.
One CDG member, Pat Howard of Sklar Furnishings in Boca Raton, Fla., said the event was the "biggest and probably best conference ever."
The group has 22 member companies, primarily in the contemporary niche of the home furnishings industry, with 37 stores around the United States. New members added in the past year are Tema, Albuquerque, N.M.; DoMa, with stores in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Fla.; Ironhorse in the San Francisco Bay Area; Indoor Furniture, Columbia, Md.; and Niu Urban Living, McAllen, Texas.
For more information on Contemporary Design Group, contact Sandie Garrett at email@example.com or Howard Haimsohn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the group's website at www.contemporarydesign.com/.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...