Art Van hires Bandarra as Mattress World GM
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, January 14, 2013
WARREN, Mich. - Art Van Furniture has hired retail veteran Brian Bandarra as vice president, general manager of its 30-store Mattress World chain.
He replaces Armando Murillo, who left the company to pursue other interests, according to a release.
Bandarra will be responsible for the 22 Mattress World stores in Michigan and the eight in the Indianapolis area. In a related move, Bandarra and Mattress World now report to Steve Glucksman, vice president, new business development, at Art Van Furniture.
Bandarra has more than 20 years of retail experience at companies including Mattress Firm, Lenscrafters, Pearle Vision, General Nutrition Centers and David's Bridal Shops. He was executive vice president of sales and field operations for Mattress Firm from 2001 to 2010, and during that time, oversaw growth from 220 stores to 520 locations throughout the United Sates, Art Van said.
Since 2010, Bandarra has been involved in a startup retail business based in Texas.
"We're excited to have Brian join us as part of the Mattress World organization," said Art Van Elslander, founder and chairman of the Top 100 company. He said Bandarra comes "with keen insight on the industry and a proven track record of success."
Art Van operates 34 full line Art Van stores in Michigan, plus six freestanding Art Van PureSleep shops and the more promotional Mattress World stores.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...