Joe Miller, retired Wickes vice president
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, January 14, 2013
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Joe Miller, a retired executive at former retailer Wickes Furniture, has died at age 88.
After serving in the Navy during World War II, Miller spent much of his career working for retailer Connolly's Furniture in the San Francisco Bay Area.
He was later recruited by J Homestock in Boston, then joined Wheeling, Ill.-based Wickes, rising to vice president of merchandising. At the time of his retirement he was vice president of Wickes' Western Region.
He is survived by his wife, three sons, five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Two of his sons work for Sealy, Joe Miller as regional sales manager for Sealy Global Hospitality and Mike Miller as a key account manager in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...