Andrea Freeman named VP of marketing at Aaron's
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, January 16, 2013
ATLANTA — Rent-to-own retailer Aaron's has hired Andrea Freeman as vice president of marketing.
Freeman, who has 17 years of marketing experience and most recently was vice president of marketing and brand management at Newell Rubbermaid, replaces Tom Peterson.
At Atlanta-based Aaron's, she will be responsible for marketing strategy and implementation, marketing communications, research and planning, business development, and coordination with sales and other business partners on strategic initiatives. She will report to Ron Allen, the company's chairman, president and CEO.
"As a multifaceted brand, Aaron's marketing covers a wide spectrum including sports, community outreach, military support, store growth and franchising," Allen said. "We have been seeking an individual with the knowledge and experience to handle the intricacies of all these areas, and Andrea fits the bill perfectly. She has an extensive background with national consumer brands, and we are confident her expertise in innovation will lead Aaron's in exciting new directions for 2013."
At Newell Rubbermaid, Freeman was responsible for growth initiatives and the development of marketing capabilities in digital marketing, e-commerce, marketing services and multicultural marketing.
Earlier, she spent 10 years at the Coca-Cola Company in brand management and non-carbonated beverage innovation, and held brand management positions at Sara Lee and the Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Select Hotels.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...