Furniture, rug exhibitors win Americasmart Visual Display Awards
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, January 22, 2013
ATLANTA — Americasmart has announced that several furniture and rug companies have received Visual Display Awards for this month's rug and home furnishings shows.
The awards are based on compelling showroom displays and are awarded to exhibitors in each of its three main buildings. Furniture and rugs are primarily shown in Building 1.
Rug and furniture winners include:
• Sphinx/Oriental Weavers. The judges said the company "created a compelling vignette with furniture and props to showcase their product in a colorful inviting setting."
• Four Hands. The judges said the space showed "effective integration of home furnishings and rugs with stunning use of open space and lighting."
• Marcella Fine Rugs. The judges said the space showed "an artistic interpretation of the Verona name to highlight and define the concept and product."
• Shaw Inds. The judges said the company employed "creative staging of props including stylized mannequins to convey the design concepts from fashion to home."
• Luna Bella. The judges said the company's "use of dramatic lighting highlights the detail of opulent, interesting décor product in sultry room settings."
• Surya. The judges said the "large showroom has one welcoming entrance that is bright, colorful and inviting. Bold, repetitive logo graphic surrounds the entire space."
• Paragon. The judges said the showroom's center walls "are trapezoidal shaped in progressive size order to carry your eye through the space. Hint of soft blue and shades of light taupe wash the walls and create a subtle background for gallery art."
• Cyan Designs. The judges said the "ingenious interpretation of a Magic Carpet Ride graces the front entrance complete with a ‘live' Aladdin. Soft silhouettes in hues of night suggest Arabian skyline."
• Adrian Gray Home. The judges said the use of "neutral tones are accentuated by creative placement of furniture elements, creating an artistic balance."
Case goods resource Up Country Home also received a category award for its display in the temporary spaces.
Altogether, 33 permanent showrooms and 20 temporary exhibits received awards, spanning a host of categories including rugs, furniture, lighting, accessories, gifts and seasonal holiday merchandise.