Tupelo Furniture Market upgrades technology, adds to staff
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, February 1, 2013
TUPELO, Miss. — Exhibitors at this month's Tupelo Furniture Market will have badge-scanning hardware and software available to them for the first time, market organizers said this week.
The scanning equipment, which will allow exhibitors to quickly capture buyer contact information, is part of a major technology upgrade the market has undergone in recent months.
The upgrade includes database management software, trade show management software, and website and social media development, said market President Kevin Seddon. In addition, the market has added to its staff.
"To manage our growth, sustain our success and execute our new growth strategies ... we hired personnel in a number of key areas," Seddon said.
He said one of the new hires is an information technology specialist, which has enhanced online promotional capabilities and improved communications between the market and its buyers and exhibitors.
In addition, two people were hired to coordinate the market's buyer recruitment initiative and three additional facilities management people were recently hired to handle the increased number of exhibitors.
Seddon said the upcoming market will have more than 200 new exhibitors who didn't show at the February 2012 market.
He also said pre-registrations are continuing to run more than 30% ahead of the August 2012 market. This year's market runs Feb. 28-March 3.
- Nov 18, 2013
- Jan 17, 2013
- Aug 27, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...