Nancy Jones to direct Art Van Furniture's Scott Shuptrine business
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, February 1, 2013
WARREN, Mich. — Nancy Jones has joined Art Van Furniture as director of its Scott Shuptrine Interiors high-end home furnishings business.
She replaces Aleta Knudholt, who wanted to return to a store-level operational role on the west side of the state.
Jones is responsible for all operations at the Scott Shuptrine Interiors galleries at the Top 100 company's stores in Warren, Petoskey and Grand Rapids, Mich., and the flagship 10,000-square-foot Scott Shuptrine design center set to open in the Royal Oak, Mich., store in March.
She has more than 25 years in leadership and sales experience in high-end furniture, the retailer noted in a memo. Most recently, Jones was the Florida district manager for Furniture Brands International, where she oversaw operations for seven Thomasville and two Drexel Heritage stores in the state. Before that, she was a store manager and lead design consultant with Thomasville.
Jones also has worked in design and purchasing with independent high-end furniture retailers and designers in South Carolina and owned and operated a commercial and retail wall covering business in Virginia.
In the memo, Jones said the Royal Oak store "will really mark a new beginning for Scott Shuptrine, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...