Ashley Furniture HomeStores donating Tempur-Pedic mattresses to Sandy relief
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, February 7, 2013
NORTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. — Ashley Furniture HomeStores of Central New Jersey, in collaboration with Tempur-Pedic, said it will donate 41Tempur-Pedic twin and queen mattresses to families affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Will Schafer, president of Ashley licensee South Brunswick Furniture Inc., said he believes a locally owned business should be a good steward to the community it serves.
"As a family business stationed here in New Jersey, we were also negatively impacted by Sandy," said Schafer. "As an Elite dealer with Tempur-Pedic, we developed a partnership to give back to those in the hardest hit areas. These beds will provide a good night's sleep to those who have had many sleepless nights trying to recover from the aftermath of Sandy."
The mattresses will be distributed on Friday to three nonprofit organizations in the community that the retailer said it selected based on need. They are the Destiny Community Development Corp. in Brick, N.J., the Bayonne Economic Opportunity foundation in Bayonne, N.J., and the Celebration of Life Center in Trenton, N.J.
"Several families lost everything in their apartment since they were located in flooded location," said Ana Quintela, executive director of the Bayonne foundation. "These mattresses will allow these people to sleep on a mattress instead of the floor."
- Nov 26, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...