Leadership expert Keeley to speak at HFIC
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, January 28, 2013
ROSEVILLE, Calif. - Doug Keeley, founder and CEO of The Mark of a Leader, will be the headline speaker at this year's Home Furnishings Industry Conference at the Sheraton New Orleans in New Orleans in June.
Keeley, who speaks on leadership, will help attendees "change how they see the world around them through powerful storytelling and sharing," according to a release from Western Home Furnishings Assn., which is hosting the June 2-4 conference along with the National Home Furnishings Assn., the Southeast Home Furnishings Assn. and Home Furnishings Independents Assn.
"Building a story through the use of video, music, live performances, interactive exercises and the written word, Doug will have all attendees thinking and acting as better leaders and in turn, creating better results for their businesses," the release said.
In addition, Serta Mattress has signed on for the second year as HFIC's "signature" sponsor.
WHFA said the conference will bring "even more education and networking," than the previous two HFIC events. It will include more than 25 educational sessions, a best idea contest and a 60-booth product showcase.
Sharron Bradley, WHFA executive director, said a membership vote on the pending merger of NHFA, WHFA and HFIA "is in process, and we anticipate the 2013 HFIC will play a major role in the launch of the new North American Home Furnishings Assn."
Retailers, vendors and manufacturers interested in attending can visit www.thehfic com to reserve their hotel room or sign up for the VIP list.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...