AHFA sets Global Supply Chain Management conference for Feb. 21
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, February 8, 2013
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Ocean transportation, trucking and a host of other supply chain management topics are on the agenda for the 2013 Global Supply Chain Management conference sponsored by the American Home Furnishings Alliance.
The event takes place Feb. 21 at the Airport Embassy Suites here. Attendees also are invited to a cocktail reception at 6 p.m. Feb. 20, sponsored by the Specialized Furniture Carriers Assn.
Featured speakers include Jonathan Gold, vice president of supply chain and customs policy for the National Retail Federation; Dave Bennett, general manager of business development for LF Logistics; and Sean Garney, policy analyst for the American Trucking Associations.
Gold will discuss the impact of current logistics challenges on furniture retailing, while Bennett will provide updates on ocean freight issues that could affect upcoming contract negotiations with steamship companies.
Garney will discuss various U.S. transportation issues, including implementation of the federal Compliance, Safety and Accountability (CSA) program and the MAP-21 program.
In addition, AHFA CEO Andy Counts will provide an update on current regulatory issues.
Also on the agenda is a panel discussion of domestic supply issues moderated by Fairfield Chair executive Alvin Daughtridge, and a panel discussion on ocean transportation issues moderated by Barry Bailey, director of transportation and logistics at Bernhardt.
The conference registration fee, which includes lunch, is $99 for AHFA members and $149 for non-members. Registration is available online at the "events" tab at www.ahfa.us. For additional information, contact Patricia West at (336) 881-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...