Wolf Furniture promotes Gene Stoltz to president
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, February 4, 2013
BELLWOOD, Pa. - Wolf Furniture here has promoted Gene Stoltz to president of the Top 100 company, only the second non-family member to hold the post in the retailer's 111-year history.
In addition, Wolf promoted Doug Shaffer, formerly vice president, store operations, to senior vice president, and Germaine Crocker, formerly controller, to treasurer.
Stoltz, an industry veteran and former vice president of merchandising who has been at Wolf 24 years, also will serve as chief merchandising officer.
"Gene earned this promotion through his hard work and achievement both within the industry and certainly in his contributions at Wolf's," the 12-store company said in a release.
"I know that with Gene's leadership and the full support of company management along with the effort of all associates, this will be a very productive period in Wolf's history and growth," added Doug Wolf, who was formerly president and is now CEO.
Shaffer has more than 37 years of industry experience and has managed and overseen the construction, renovation and opening of nearly every store in the Wolf operation, the company said.
"Doug's promotion will allow for expanded opportunity of his expertise and knowledge throughout Wolf's operations," Wolf Chairman John Wolf said.
Crocker's experience, education, energy and dedication to Wolf's customers and employees "made her a terrific choice for this (treasurer) role at Wolf's," Doug Wolf said. She also will serve on the company's executive committee.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...