La-Z-Boy purchases land for new headquarters
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, February 4, 2013
MONROE, Mich. - La-Z-Boy said it has completed the purchase of 120 acres of land that will be the site of its new corporate headquarters here.
The land purchase, coupled with last month's approval of a variety of state, county and local incentives to support the project, paves the way for the company to begin final design work on the building and site.
La-Z-Boy said it hopes to break ground this spring and move into the new headquarters in late 2014 or the first half of 2015.
The land was acquired from the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary order for an undisclosed price.
Preliminary plans include a LEED certified headquarters building nestled into a parcel of land across from an oak savannah, vegetated swales in parking lots, walking trails for employees, and other natural features.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...