Updated Norwalk Furniture website appeals to younger consumers
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, February 22, 2013
NORWALK, Ohio — Upholstery and table manufacturer resource Norwalk Furniture has designed a new website it said appeals to the shopping habits of 30- to 55-year-old consumers.
The company relied on research performed by students at the University of Akron to determine the features sought particularly by younger consumers.
As a result, the updated site at www.norwalkfurniture.com includes multiple filter options that help consumers narrow the choices of products to their lifestyle. In addition to fabric choices that offer multiple colors and patterns, visitors can choose furniture presented in five lifestyle settings. They also can choose furniture that is the right scale for their rooms.
"The size of your home and the rooms in it dictates the size of the furniture you buy, and those living in small spaces have an even bigger challenge," said Reyna Moore, vice president of marketing and merchandising at Norwalk. "The marketing students suggested that we present the home type and the square footage so that only products in the right scale are shown when she clicks on ‘Shop by Room Size.' We agree that is a fabulous suggestion to streamline the shopping experience."
The site also allows consumers to choose design combinations through fabric options, nail head treatments and various wood finishes. Users can save these options and share their selections with friends through various social media, or print them out and take them to the store.
Other features include a dealer locator, a timeline of the company's history, photos of company staff and Norwalk dealers and various charitable causes the company supports.
"Consumers today want to know everything about the products and the people who made them," Moore said. "We are proud to say that our upholstery and tables are made in America. This site provides an inside view of our culture and the heart that goes into each piece that we produce."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...