Jim Schmidt joins SEI in marketing, merchandising role
Heath E. Combs -- Furniture Today, February 26, 2013
DALLAS — Industry veteran Jim Schmidt has joined home furnishings and décor supplier Southern Enterprises Inc. as senior vice president of marketing and merchandising.
In the newly created position, he will lead efforts in marketing, product development and merchandising.
"We are very excited to have Jim join us at SEI and we believe he will play a vital role in our growth and success in 2013 and beyond," said Mike Horowitz, president of SEI in a press release. "He has the necessary experience to make critical decisions about the direction of our product lines, and maximizing our marketing and merchandising efforts."
Schmidt, who reports to Horowitz, most recently was president of J2 Consumer Marketing, focusing on brand development. He previously held positions at ready-to-assemble specialists Ameriwood Furniture and Bush Inds.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...