Ikea denies report it has chosen site for St. Louis store
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, March 13, 2013
ST. LOUIS — Ikea says it hasn't chosen a site for a store here, despite a report on a local website that it had, according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
A post on the nextstl.com site had said the Swedish home furnishings chain would build a store in the city on Forest Park Avenue between Sarah Street and Vandeventer Avenue, the newspaper said. But it quoted Ikea spokesman Joseph Roth as saying, "We still have not committed to a time frame, let alone a specific site."
He said that while the company continues to evaluate opportunities in the market, it has not listed St. Louis among cities where it plans to open a store.
The closest Ikea store to St. Louis is in suburban Chicago, the Post-Dispatch said. The retailer has said it plans to open a new Midwest store in the Kansas City area in 2014.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...