Speakers announced for Home Furnishings Industry Conference
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, March 20, 2013
ROSEVILLE, Calif. — Speakers from outside and inside the industry will offer knowledge and knowhow at this year's Home Furnishings Industry Conference in New Orleans in June, organizers say.
The National Home Furnishings Assn., Western Home Furnishings Assn., Southeastern Home
Furnishings Assn. and the Home Furnishings Independents Assn. announced the lineup for the event, set for June 2-4 at the Sheraton New Orleans.
Featured speakers include:
• Jim Knight, former senior director of training and development at Hard Rock International, with his presentation, Culture That Rocks: How to Revolutionize an Organization's Culture.
• Retailer Mike Spiller of Spiller Furniture, Tuscaloosa, Ala., who will share years of stories about the business, followed by a session delving into the dynamics of long-term success.
• Small business owner, columnist and author Gene Marks, who will share his knowledge on business and the political landscape. His book, "In God We Trust, Everyone Else Pays Cash," will be complimentary to attendees.
• Kelly McDonald, McDonald Marketing, whose presentation will be based on her latest book, "Crafting the Customer Experience," which also will be free to attendees. McDonald spoke at the 2011 HFIC in San Antonio and was so well received the event committee asked her back.
The event will offer more than 25 educational sessions, a best idea contest and a 60‐booth product showcase. Serta Mattress is the signature sponsor.
"New this year is a simplified online registration process," said Cindi Williams, WHFA director of events. Retailers, vendors and manufacturers can visit www.thehfic.com to register, reserve hotel rooms and see the full agenda.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...