Pure LatexBliss launches Asia sales with Sofamark in Hong Kong
David Perry -- Furniture Today, March 27, 2013
HONG KONG — Pure LatexBliss has opened its first retail location in Asia, partnering with Hong Kong's largest furniture retailer, Sofamark, to bring its latex bedding products to this growing market. The company said the move is the first step in its growth plans for the China market.
The latex bedding products are produced in the United States and shipped to Hong Kong, a reversal of the more common approach of Asian-made home furnishings being shipped to the U.S.
Pure LatexBliss mattresses, pillows and toppers are being introduced in Sofamark showrooms in Sheung Wan, Taikoo and Kwun Tong. The products are specially designed to meet consumers' sleep products preferences in the Hong Kong market.
More than 75 guests attended a recent grand opening event at the Langham Hong Kong Hotel. Latex International President and CEO Dave Fisher, Vice President of Strategic Marketing Tomas Eisenberg, and Pure LatexBliss President Kurt Ling represented the company at the festivities, joined by Sofamark directors Jack Kwan and Nelson Lau.
"We couldn't be more excited about our new relationship with Sofamark as they share our enthusiasm for bringing the Pure LatexBliss brand and our ‘lift, relax, relieve' message to the Hong Kong market," said Ling. "Hong Kong represents an important first step for our China expansion plans as it remains the leading luxury goods market in the region. Sofamark customers value U.S.-manufactured goods, and it is our privilege to provide them with the finest quality sleep products available in the world today."
All Pure LatexBliss products exported to Asia will be manufactured in the United States at the company's Shelton, Conn., facility. The company will also introduce an exclusive, ultra-luxury collection customized for the Asian consumer, with new mattress profiles including 13-inch, 14-inch and 15-inch all-latex beds. The pricing for the mattresses ranges from $2,500 to $8,000.
The Asian push is part of the company's international growth plans. Pure LatexBliss currently does business in 17 countries and has regional distribution centers in the United Kingdom, France, Asia and Canada, in addition to domestic facilities in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, Texas, Connecticut and Portland, Ore.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...