FedEx exec David Pollard to keynote Furniture/Today Logistics Conference
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, March 28, 2013
ATLANTA — Furniture/Today has announced that David A. Pollard, managing director of FedEx Customer Solutions, will deliver the keynote address at its upcoming third annual Logistics Conference.
Themed "In Search of a Seamless Supply Chain," the event will be held June 12 at AmericasMart here.
"We are thrilled to have someone with Pollard's expertise and credentials speak to our group," said Ray Allegrezza, Furniture/Today's editor-in-chief and conference host.
As a managing director of FedEx Customer Solution, Pollard understands the critical role an optimized supply chain plays in every company's success and long-term growth.
In his position, Pollard is responsible for lading a team of supply chain experts charged with understanding a customer's global business strategies and supply chain goals in order to design, develop and execute customized logistics solutions.
"Especially with this year's theme - ‘In Search of a Seamless Supply Chain' - I can't think of a better credentialed person to speak to our group," Allegrezza said.
Last year's Logistics Conference filled the room with suppliers and retailers, and he said this year promises to be popular as well with input from key merchants including Mike O'Hanlon of Wayfair, Tony Heslin of Lovesac, Lenny Kharitonov of Unlimited Furniture Group and Maryjane Fanizzi of Ashley Furniture HomeStores.
"With the seamless, sophisticated supply chain increasingly marking the difference between success and failure, we fully expect this year's attendance to be on par with, if not larger than, last year's event," Allegrezza added.
Key sessions will focus on ocean freight, home delivery, trucking, regulations and the growing impact that online sales are having on the home furnishings supply chain.
For more information, please contact conference and event manager Heather Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can also be reached at (336) 605-1061.
- Apr 3, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...