Bassett expanding High Point showroom, launching designer program
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, April 8, 2013
HIGH POINT — Bassett Furniture says it is adding more than 6,000 square feet to its High Point Market showroom for the April 20-25 event.
The company said the expansion to 35,500 square feet from 29,000 square feet will allow it to fully display its upholstery and wood presentation as well as expand its designer workshop and custom dining area.
Bassett shows in the International Home Furnishings Center, C-1200.
"Over the years not only have our collections grown but also the support that we give our retailers and designers at market has increased," said Bruce Cohenour, Bassett's senior vice president of sales and merchandising. "This new area will give us the elbow room that we need to better display both our new products and classic best sellers along with giving us the space to introduce new programs like the Bassett Designer Program that we are introducing this market."
The company said the new membership-based program will give interior designers the tools they need to take advantage of Bassett's custom capabilities for residential or commercial projects. Designers can sign up during market and meet with a program specialist.
The larger showroom will feature an expanded upholstery section to show the range of styles available from custom to in-stock seating, including the leather motion groups. The upholstery area will show the new upholstery power pads for retailers to place in their stores.
Bassett also is expanding the area featuring its "Made in America/ships in 30 days" custom dining program. This section will have new contemporary product introductions plus core items showing suggested retail footprints for independent retailers.
The showroom expansion includes a new marketing room to address the key customers they serve and the custom marketing capabilities that Bassett offers them.
Bassett will share a renovated reception area and lobby with its new neighbor, the Bassett-produced HGTV Home Furniture line.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...