Hooker Furniture promotes Erica Wingo to merchandising director
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, April 17, 2013
MARTINSVILLE, Va. — Hooker Furniture has promoted Erica Wingo from senior product manager to merchandising director.
Wingo has been with the company since 2007 after graduating at the top of her class in the Home Furnishings Marketing program at High Point University.
She has worked in various departments including customer service and marketing communications. She moved into the merchandising role full time in 2010 and has been involved in product development in bedroom and whole home collections, including the company's popular Rhapsody collection.
She also has worked alongside merchandising director Cindy Hall in developing the company's Melange accents collection. She and Hall were co-recipients for two Pinnacle Design awards for Melange, one of the company's bestselling collections. Wingo also has expanded the line into both bedroom and dining room for the April market.
In her new role, she will continue handling these categories and will report to Hank Long, senior vice president.
"Erica has become an integral part of our merchandising team and has led several very successful product introductions," said Alan Cole, president. "We believe that this expansion of her role is a recognition of her growing impact on our product direction both now and in the future."
Hall also will continue in her role as merchandising director and is responsible for developing home office, home entertainment, dining, youth bedroom and Hooker accents.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...