Former Simmons exec Tim Oakhill joins Mattress Firm as EVP
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 6, 2013
HOUSTON — Former Simmons marketing executive Tim Oakhill has joined Mattress Firm as executive vice president of brand management, overseeing brand and communications strategy, development and implementation for the fast-growing retailer.
Oakhill is a 30-year marketing veteran who has worked in the bedding industry for 15 years. He most recently was a consultant to Mattress Firm, Nomaco, EmployBridge and Eitel & Armstrong, assisting in brand strategy, planning and product development.
Before that, he was executive vice president of marketing for Simmons, where he was responsible for North American marketing and product strategy, worldwide licensing strategy, and brand management.
"We are delighted that Tim is joining Mattress Firm as we pursue our goal of border-to-border and coast-to-coast store growth," said Steve Stagner, Mattress Firm CEO. "Tim brings a wealth of experience driving enterprise value through dynamic marketing platforms, and I believe he'll add tremendous value to our team."
Before joining Simmons, Oakhill was marketing manager for Eastman Kodak and worked for Bates Worldwide, an advertising and promotions firm. He is a member of the Better Sleep Council, an advisory group for the International Sleep Products Assn.
"Mattress Firm has created a strong brand foundation over the years, built on its promise to customers and commitment to its communities," said Oakhill. "I am looking forward to strengthening Mattress Firm's brand presence across all channels, helping to support the company and its reputation as it grows."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...