Gill to offer new wireless charging technology for furniture
Heath E. Combs -- Furniture Today, June 19, 2013
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Gill Electronics has signed a licensing agreement with mobile technology developer Qualcomm that will allow it to develop, manufacture and sell mobile wireless charging technology for furniture items.
Gill aims with the agreement to address the wireless charging needs of mobile devices including Bluetooth headsets, smartphones or tablet computers by placing them on counter or desk tops without a plugin.
"Everything we do is hidden. It's either embedded or an accessory that goes beneath the work surface. Our products are intended to have no effect on the design effect of the furniture," said Brad Miller, director of advanced development for Gill Electronics.
The first furniture products from Gill are expected later this year. Miller said Gill's pricing for items that can charge multiple devices to those currently on the market that only charge one device.
"It's a great value compared to other products out there," Miller said.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...