Comfort Solutions donates $250,000 to St. Jude children's hospital
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 21, 2013
WILLOWBROOK, Ill. — Comfort Solutions has donated $250,000 to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, a leader in finding cures and saving children from cancer and other deadly diseases.
The donation was the culmination of the Top 10 bedding producer's 2012-13 outreach program with the hospital, part of Comfort Solutions' "Never Stop Dreaming" brand mission.
Company executives Owen Shoemaker, senior vice president of business development and innovation, and Geri Frank, sales, marketing and merchandising coordinator, presented the donation to St. Jude officials Julia Kivistik and Russ Ellis. Frank has been the day-to-day communications liaison with St. Jude since the outreach program was launched in April 2012.
"This is an extremely worthy cause which impacts children on a global basis," Comfort Solutions President and Chief Operating Officer Dave Roberts said. "When we consider the dedicated hospital staff and the many patients and parents that we met over the past year, we're very proud to have helped support the dreams of families with critically ill children at St. Jude."
The outreach program included additional contributions from the sales of Comfort Solutions beds by company licensees and participating retailers, as well as the donation of 200 mattress sets and 400 pillows to the Memphis Grizzlies House, a short-term housing facility on the campus of St. Jude.
Named after the city's NBA team, the Memphis Grizzlies House opened in 2004 and as housing for family members and patients undergoing treatment at St. Jude.
"Going forward," Roberts said, "we plan to continue to support the important lifesaving work of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, which was established on the premise that ‘no child should die in the dawn of life.'"
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...