Samson to purchase High Point's Hamilton Square building
Heath E. Combs -- Furniture Today, June 21, 2013
HIGH POINT — Samson Investment Holding entered into a contract last month to buy the Hamilton Square showroom building here at 101 S. Hamilton St.
A document filed with the Guilford County Register of Deeds provides for a closing date of June 27, but doesn't include a purchase price for the 113,000-square-foot building.
Kevin O'Connor, president and CEO of Samson Marketing, said due diligence is proceeding but that nothing has been decided about what will be the best use for the property.
Samson's home furnishings brands have other showrooms around High Point, including Universal Furniture and Craftmaster Furniture at 2622 Uwharrie Road, Legacy Classic at Plaza Suites C-100 and Lacquer Craft USA at 115 S. Hamilton St.
"Obviously we believe in the High Point Market and that's the market to be at. We thought that was an attractive piece of real estate," O'Connor said. "At this point we are in an open discussion of how to utilize the building."
The showroom building was owned by McDonald Capital Properties Alpha, LLC, an entity controlled by developer C. Wayne McDonald. It was purchased for about $7 million in 2006.
Last year McDonald filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. Southern Community Bank - which merged with Capital Bank last year - was the largest secured creditor.
In February, Capital Bank won an auction for the showroom property with a "credit bid" - a bid of its secured indebtedness against the purchase price - of $2.6 million after high bidding at auction topped out at $1.4 million, according to Register of Deeds documents.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...