La-Z-Boy nominates Domino's Pizza exec to serve on board
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, July 2, 2013
MONROE, Mich. — La-Z-Boy said Monday it has nominated Domino's Pizza executive Michael Lawton to serve on its board of directors, a move that would expand the board from 10 to 11 members.
Company shareholders will vote on Lawton's election and the reelection of the 10 existing board members at the La-Z-Boy annual meeting here on Aug. 21.
Lawton, 54, has been executive vice president and chief financial officer of Domino's since 2010. He joined the company in 1999 and has held positions of increasing responsibility, including executive vice president of international. Earlier he worked at Gerber Products, where he was senior vice president and chief operating officer, and began his career at accounting firm Ernst & Whinney.
"Michael is a high-caliber, well-seasoned financial executive with a wealth of consumer, retail and international experience that will translate well to our business," said Kurt Darrow, La-Z-Boy chairman, president and CEO.
Darrow added, "With a number of board retirements expected over the next several years, the board believes it prudent to expand the number of directors at this time to help ensure an orderly transition. This has proven to work well for us and has become a matter of practice."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...