Pasquale Natuzzi to oversee Natuzzi Americas as Di Gaetano leaves
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, July 8, 2013
HIGH POINT — Fernando Di Gaetano, who was named president of Natuzzi Americas less than a year ago, has left the company, the leather upholstery producer confirmed Monday.
The company said founder and Chairman Pasquale Natuzzi will oversee Natuzzi Americas as it plans a "new marketing and commercial strategy."
Natuzzi Americas is the High Point-based entity that handles sales and marketing of Natuzzi products in the U.S., Canada and Latin America. It wasn't immediately clear if the company plans to hire a permanent replacement for Di Gaetano.
Di Gaetano, who previously worked for IBM and the Italian fashion consortium Ermenegildo Zegna, was hired in October after Joe Mussallem, who had been Natuzzi Americas president since 2010, left the company.
Although its business in North America has been growing the past two years, the upholstery producer has been struggling with declining sales in other parts of the world, notably Europe.
Last week, the company announced plans to lay off more than 1,700 employees in Italy, but put those plans on hold at the request of the Italian government.
The high-end Natuzzi Italia line is made in Italy, but other Natuzzi products sold in North America are made at Natuzzi factories in China and Brazil.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...