Hooker Furniture donates $50,000 to New College Institute
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, July 15, 2013
MARTINSVILLE, Va. — Manufacturer Hooker Furniture is contributing $50,000 to a capital campaign of the New College Institute, a state-funded institution that makes college education accessible to people of all ages, according to a story in the Martinsville Bulletin.
The donation will help to fund construction of the New College Institute's first standalone building, which is under construction and scheduled for completion by spring of next year.
"Education is one of the key components of Hooker's charitable giving, and the New College Institute's unique model to connect education with economic development is visionary," said Paul Toms Jr., Hooker's chairman and CEO. "We view this new NCI initiative as being transformative for the citizens of Martinsville and Henry County and our region, and this is a natural tie-in to the philanthropic efforts of Hooker Furniture."
New College Foundation Board Chairman Kimble Reynolds expressed gratitude, saying, "Hooker Furniture is well known in this community for their philanthropy, and this gift is an example of their commitment to making a difference in the lives the citizens of this region."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...