Magnussen Home to launch upholstery line
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, July 18, 2013
HIGH POINT — Case goods importer Magnussen Home Furnishings is adding upholstery to its lineup at the summer Las Vegas Market, a move that positions the company as a full-line resource.
The company said it will have a soft launch at the July 29-Aug. 2 market, where it will show a sofa loveseat and chair with coordinating occasional tables. A full launch of more than 60 pieces will be shown at the October High Point Market.
The company has developed the line in cooperation with upholstery manufacturer California-based Michael Nicholas Designs. The line will be made in Vietnam and China and offer sofas that retail from $899 to $1,299. Coordinating occasional pieces will retail from $199 to $599, the company said.
It also will be shipped as part of the company's QuikFlex program alongside master bedroom, occasional, casual dining entertainment and youth bedroom. This program allows multiple groups to ship on mixed containers from the company's 450,000-square-foot, dehumidified warehouse in Vietnam.
Magnussen President Nathan Cressman said the company has been working on the line for about a year and a half.
As it moves forward with program, he said, Michael Nicholas Designs will continue to be involved in the merchandising, engineering, and other aspects of developing the line. Magnussen will source the product in Asia and utilize its expertise in supply chain management to distribute and service the line.
"Magnussen Home is excited about the opportunity to collaborate with Michael Nicholas Designs for this product launch," Cressman said. "Michael Nicholas' manufacturing experience, California-based upholstery design, and third generation family business are all assets that complement the Magnussen story."
"This new upholstery program capitalizes on the synergies and combined strengths of Michael Nicholas Designs and Magnussen Home," he added. "We believe it is a natural fit between the two companies combining high fashion North American styling, fabric application and comfort with the strength of overseas sourcing, an on-the-ground quality team, and QuickFlex logistics program to provide our partners an enticing whole home solution."
In Las Vegas Market, the new pieces can be seen in Magnussen's showroom in World Market Center A-730.
- Nov 21, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...