Sealy to unveil gel latex line in Optimum specialty sleep banner
David Perry -- Furniture Today, July 22, 2013
ARCHDALE, N.C. - Bedding major Sealy is seeking to optimize its specialty sleep business with the introduction of a new gel latex line under its Optimum by Sealy Posturepedic banner at next week's Las Vegas Market.
The producer says it is aiming to maintain its momentum in specialty sleep with the new line, which combines latex foam and the company's OptiCool feature, which uses Outlast phase change technology.
"We have had tremendous success with our Optimum gel memory foam line since it launched last year, so we are extending the brand into a new line of offerings that continue to deliver the cooling power of OptiCool with a unique, more responsive feel that is characteristic of latex foam," said Jodi Allen, chief marketing officer for Sealy. "This new specialty line rounds out our existing Optimum offering, giving consumers the option to choose a mattress that provides the feeling and support that best fits their lifestyle."
The Optimum latex line is a four-bed collection that features new OptiCool gel latex foam infused with Outlast technology, which is designed to promote an optimum temperature range for deep, relaxing, restorative sleep, the company said.
Outlast technology is used in high performance outdoor gear, undergarments and even footwear for its excellent temperature regulation. OptiCool gel latex foam is proven to be more effective at removing excess heat than standard latex foam alone, Sealy said.
In addition to its cooling properties, the new Optimum latex line offers a different feel to consumers than traditional memory foam or innerspring mattresses. While users will experience an initial conforming feeling at the surface, the design offers a more responsive feel to prevent the "sinking sensation" often associated with traditional memory foam mattresses. The result is a consistent foam-like feeling across the entire sleeping surface, the company said.
The Optimum latex mattresses feature an ultra-soft fabric and contemporary styling that sets the line apart, Sealy said.
The producer is supporting the launch with a new in-store retail display and top-of-bed program that complements the current Optimum gel memory foam line.
"We are excited to continue our growth in the specialty segment with the introduction of this unique latex offering under the Optimum brand," Allen added.
Manufacturer's suggested retail pricing for the Optimum gel latex line starts at $1,699.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...