King Koil to drop Comfort Solutions name
David Perry -- Furniture Today, July 22, 2013
WILLOWBROOK, Ill. — After a decade of operating in the United States as Comfort Solutions, the Top 10 bedding producer is returning to its founding name and corporate brand King Koil on a worldwide basis.
The producer said the "important strategic step" will leverage the King Koil brand's equity with consumers and retailers, and unify its extensive U.S. and international licensing operations under a single identity.
"Our entire organization is extremely excited about this important change and how it will unite our licensees both here and overseas under one cohesive global brand," said President and Chief Operating Officer Dave Roberts.
"In the years since our founding in 1898, King Koil established itself as a recognized consumer brand with a rich heritage in the U.S. bedding industry. Over time we also experienced tremendous expansion, growth and success in our operations overseas, all of which are thriving today under the King Koil name. We're very pleased to be returning to our roots, reviving our heritage and strategically repositioning ourselves worldwide to leverage the value and equity inherent in that trademark," Roberts said.
The company began operating under the Comfort Solutions banner in 2003, a move designed in part to position the brand as offering a variety of comfort solutions for consumers. But it continued to use the King Koil name internationally and on various domestic product lines.
Now, the producer said, it is focusing on the King Koil banner.
At the summer Las Vegas Market, King Koil's World Market Center A-546 showroom will highlight the King Koil name and its new logo, as well as its worldwide identity, which today encompasses more than 80 countries.
The producer also has placed its extensive product lines, which include iMattress2, Natural Response, Laura Ashley, Perfect Contour, The Dr. Breus Bed, and Extended Life, all under the King Koil umbrella.
"The desire to understand what ‘healthy' sleep really means, to facilitate the consumer's decision process and to provide a range of sleep solutions that offer true body alignment and support, have always been part of our brand mission," Roberts said. "Going forward, we're very happy to announce that King Koil will continue to pursue that important mission."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...