Orion Air Ride reports furniture shipment growth
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, July 23, 2013
MENDOTA HEIGHTS, Minn. — Logistics company Orion Air Ride is reporting an increase in furniture shipments.
Orion, which specializes in nationwide white glove home delivery, says consumers are purchasing larger items such as furniture.
"We've seen modest and steady growth in orders to deliver furniture across the United States since the beginning of this year," said Mark Fierek, Orion general manager. "Our internal surveys show consumers are buying more furniture and require faster delivery with greater options of service once the furniture is in the home."
In response to this information, plus recent news that the Consumer Confidence Index is at a five-year high, Orion is touting many of its services, including deluxing - inspection prior to delivery, installation of hardware and repair of the piece when necessary.
"Now the market wants faster deliveries than what has long been the tradition and additional services including set up, white glove service, and deluxing," Fierek said. "In response, Orion offers VIP handling as the market demands more services."
Fierek will be attending the Las Vegas Market July 29-Aug. 2 to talk about the trends in the industry and how VIP handling can increase customer satisfaction.
- Dec 6, 2013
- Nov 22, 2013
- Oct 31, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...